Statue / Moai Stool of Easter Island in coconut tree 50cmView product description
Garden statue or Stool? How will you use this statue of Moai?
Dimensions: height 48 to 50cm x diameter 26 to 30cm approximately. Weight: 15 to 20Kg approximately. Material: solid coconut wood from sustainable sectors. Artisanal creation: the natural imperfections of the wood are normal characteristics (cracks, irregularities ...), each statue is unique and can therefore present differences from the model photographed. For outdoor use : we recommend the application of a lacquer on the statue (product available in all DIY stores).
Carved according to the ancestral method: directly in a coconut tree trunk!
A simple glance makes it possible to realize that this statue is not an object like the others. The work of the craftsman, who carved it from the coconut tree trunk, brings it an incomparable authenticity.
If you expose it outdoors, the statue will patina over time: The coconut wood will crack and take on a "driftwood" shade particularly elegant for those who love natural materials. This phenomenon can be slowed down by applying an anti-UV coating to the wood.
Due to its dimensions, this statue of Moai can also be used as a stool or plant holder, both indoors and outdoors.
History and Origin of the Moai
Located off the coast of Chile, Easter Island has about 400 Moai statues that were erected by the Rapanui people from the thirteenth century.
These stone representations are up to 9 meters high and weigh up to 8 tons. Their meaning has always remained mysterious and still exalts scientists around the world: how could an ancient civilization have made and moved such huge statues? What do they represent?
No one knows the exact origin of these monumental statues, but several explanations emerge:
- Some believe that these are Maori gods because Easter Island is located in the Pacific Ocean and has been influenced by Polynesian culture.
- Others say they are tributes to important figures of the past.
- Finally, more and more scientists believe that the Moais were erected for the fertility of the soils : the volcanic stone in which these stone giants were carved has the ability to sustainably fertilize the earth and therefore to allow essential crops such as banana or taro...
If you like ethnic trends and cosmopolitan decoration, this handcrafted Moai statue is a great choice for your decoration! It remains to decide if you will place it in the house or the garden, and if you will use it as a simple statue, as a stool or why not, as a support for your most beautiful houseplant...
- This impressive Moai was carved according to the ancestral method: directly in a coconut trunk! A simple glance makes it possible to realize that it is not an object like the others. Can be used as a stool or plant holder.
Height 48 to 50cm x diameter 23 to 30cm approximately. Outdoor use possible after application of a water repellent.
- This article may present slight imperfections and differences in appearance compared to the photographed model, proof of its artisanal origin and its authenticity.
- Cheap shipping !
- Object type
- brown / chocolate
- Handcrafted and fair
- Patterns & Symbols