Last updated July 10, 2023.
The purpose of these General Terms of Sale is to define the rights and obligations of our company and its consumers in connection with the online sale of items offered by the website Coco-Papaya.com (or Coco Papaya).
Online sales made by Coco-Papaya.com are subject to these General Terms of Sale and any order placed by the buyer implies its acceptance on the content of the provisions below.
1.Preamble: Application of terms and conditions of sale
These terms and conditions of sale govern the overall relationship between:
On the one hand, INTERNOVA SARL, which operates the site Coco-Papaya.com, a company with a capital of 7500 euros, registered with the RCS of Boulogne sur Mer under the number 450 520 721 000 25 and located at 79 rue Adolphe Thiers in Boulogne sur Mer (France).
And on the other hand, any person, physical or moral (the Customer), who wishes to make a purchase via the online sales site (Internet) www.coco-papaya.com.
These Terms of Sale exclusively govern the sale of products on the Site Coco-Papaya.com on the day the Customer places the order. They apply to all the different ordering methods offered by Coco-Papaya.com, whether the order is placed over the Internet or over the phone, with the exception of orders placed on Coco Papaya's partner sites including market places (Cdiscount, Amazon, eBay, Rakuten). If these Terms of Sale were to be different depending on how the order was placed, these differences would have to be clearly mentioned in the purchase order.
2. Terms of offers
Coco-Papaya.com reserves the possibility to adapt or modify at any time these General Terms of Sale. Items for sale on Coco-Papaya.com are presented and detailed so that any consumer is able to know the essential characteristics of the products they would like to purchase (Article L 111-1 of the Consumer Code). Photos that illustrate the descriptions of the articles are given as an indication and are not contractual. As our products are mostly handcrafted,there may be slight differences in appearance, size, weight and colour as well as minimal imperfections compared to photos and descriptions available online. This is a consequence of the authenticity and uniqueness of each piece of artisanal origin.
The price of each item is expressed in euros excluding postage. Coco-Papaya.com reserves the right to revise its prices at any time but undertakes to apply the rates in effect at the time of the order, subject to stock availability on that date.
VAT: Sales Excluding Taxes (HT), and All Taxes Included (TTC)
Depending on the delivery address defined by the Customer in his personal account, the price of items ordered from the online store may be exempt from French VAT, in accordance with French law.
For example, orders to be shipped to Overseas (Reunion Island, Martinique, Guadeloupe, etc.), and orders to be shipped outside the European Union (especially to Switzerland) will be exempt from VAT.
The site Coco-Papaya.com will automatically apply the appropriate pricing (price "All Taxes Included" or price "Excluding Taxes") as soon as the Customer has informed his delivery address. Some computer geolocation data may allow the Coco-Papaya.com site to know the geographic area from which the Client visits the Site. Thus, based on this information, the Site Coco-Papaya.com sometimes present the items to the Customer with their HT price. However, this HT pricing will only apply if the Customer, at the end of his order, registers a delivery address for which the HT sale is legally applicable. Otherwise, TTC prices will automatically apply when the order is finalized.
Coco-Papaya.com reminds customers residing outside metropolitan France that it is their responsibility to review the legislation in force in their territory of residence, particularly with regard to possible customs duties and import taxes to which products sold by Coco-Papaya.com are likely to be subject.
The sales prices set by Coco-Papaya.com do not include any tax other than French VAT when it is applicable, including no customs duties or import tax established by any country or territory. No claim for such fees will therefore be accepted by Coco-Papaya.com.
The incoterm used for any order placed at Coco Papaya for delivery outside the French national territory is still DDU.
4. Shipping costs
An estimate of the minimum shipping costs of the current order is provided at any time to the Customer visiting the site Coco-Papaya.com when he flies over the "basket" area displayed on the screen. The actual price of the shipping costs will be provided at the end of the ordering process, when the Customer has selected the item or items he wishes to purchase, the mode of delivery, as well as the delivery address of the parcel.
The price of shipping depends on the nature and number of items purchased, as well as the country of destination and the carrier chosen. The "Delivery Charges" page of the Coco-Papaya.com site provides many details on the rates of shipping costs and allows the Customer to know how much will cost at least to ship his order even if he has not yet finalized it.
The goods ordered on Coco Papaya's website are payable in cash and without discount, the payment method is the buyer's choice among those offered by Coco-Papaya.com:
- Bank card: Payments are secured and are made through our partners Crédit Agricole, PayPal or Hipay. Credit card details are encrypted under the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol and never pass through the network in plain sight. Coco-Papaya.com never has access to the customer's bank details. Crédit Agricole, PayPal and Hipay are world leaders in online payment, guaranteeing the highest level of security and privacy available to date.
- Bank transfer: the Customer has 10 calendar days to send his settlement; after this deadline, his order will be considered cancelled. For the payment of an order by bank transfer, here is our RIB:
Bank Code: 16706 - Agency Code: 00038 - Account Number: 13043684000 - RIB Key: 70 - INTERNOVA SARL, 79 Thiers Street 62200 Boulogne sur Mer.
Note: For orders paid by bank transfer, the shipping time is increased by the processing and validation time by the bank (about 5 working days).
- PayPal: Users with a PayPal account can use it to pay securely on our online store. It is also possible to pay by credit card using the PayPal service.
6. Order shipping
All orders are processed daily from Monday to Friday included, then shipped by Parcel or letter, always with a tracking number usable on the carrier's website. Shipping by Coco-Papaya.com is done after receipt and validation of the order's payment.
- Shipping (delivery of parcels to the carrier in charge of delivery) takes place no more than 48 hours after validating your order and its payment (excluding Sundays and holidays). Coco-Papaya.com undertakes to ship any order as soon as possible, including the same day when the activity allows.
- Once the parcel is shipped, the delivery time varies depending on the carrier chosen by the Customer, but generally does not exceed 1 to 6 working days for metropolitan France (depending on the carrier chosen), and 6 to 10 working days for international or overseas.
- The interval between the date the customer placed his order, and the date on which he receives his parcel, is therefore usually a maximum of 1 to 7 working days (for parcels sent to metropolitan France), or 9 to 12 working days (for parcels sent abroad) depending on the carrier chosen by the Customer. These deadlines are given as an indication and Coco-Papaya.com cannot be held responsible for longer delivery times. Any compensation or commercial actions that may be granted to a customer who has received his parcel late will be at the exclusive discretion of Coco-Papaya.com
- If one or more items ordered by the Customer are unfortunately no longer available in stock, Coco-Papaya.com undertakes to inform the Customer within 48 hours of the order date, and to offer him the choice: the shipping of the items available and the refund of the unavailable items, a coupon, a credit, or the full refund of his order worth cancellation.
7. Order delivery
Orders shipped by Coco Papaya can be delivered in parcel relays, to the customer's office or home, depending on the carrier and the terms and conditions he has chosen on the Site. For each order, Coco Papaya provides a number and an internet link to track the package, which the customer can use on the carrier's website to obtain details on the time and terms of delivery.
Customers are free to contact the carrier for more information about the delivery of their parcel.
Customers can also contact Coco Papaya in the Contact section for any questions regarding the transport and delivery of their order, with references.
In any event, the follow-up information provided by the parcel carrier, or through its tracking website, will be authentic.
Coco-Papaya.com will not accept any claim from the Customer for theft or loss of his package if the tracking information provided by the carrier contradicts this assumption. Any parcels with the status "delivered" or "distributed" or "deposited in a mailbox" on the carrier's website will be considered as such by Coco-Papaya.com, even if no written confirmation has been sent to this effect, and even in the absence of a delivery receipt by the Customer.
Any parcels shipped by Coco-Papaya.com with "lost," "lost," "stolen," "damaged" or "damaged" status on the carrier's website will be fully covered by the carrier's insurance. Coco-Papaya.com will take care of all the paperwork with the carrier for compensation. A new package will then be sent to the Customer to honour their order. In the event of the unavailability of one or more products, a refund or similar product will be offered at the Customer's discretion.
Coco-Papaya.com recalls that it is the Customer's responsibility to inspect his parcels at reception, in the presence of the delivery driver, and to notify any anomalies (shock, damage, damage to the parcel, date or method of delivery that is not compliant, etc.), or even to refuse the parcel if its contents are damaged. Coco-Papaya.com here recalls that the word "subject to unpacking" has no legal value, and therefore cannot replace the visual control of the goods received.
To avoid such inconveniences, Coco-Papaya.com undertakes to pack each order with the utmost care: the shipping cartons used are therefore deliberately oversized, and each product is carefully calibrated and protected with the best material available (kraft paper, polystyrene, muslin, air cushions...). According to our latest statistics, less than one in 400 items arrives damaged to its recipient and we strive daily to further improve this figure.
8. Return of an article
In accordance with Section 121-16 of the Consumer Code, the buyer has 14 days from receipt of his order to return the product he purchased and request the exchange or refund. In order to offer a better level of service to its customers, Coco-Papaya.com extends this period from 1 day to 15 calendar days.
The right of return can only be exercised if the following procedure is followed and only if the items concerned are returned within the allotted time, new in their original packaging, intact, unused and accompanied by all possible accessories and instructions.
Any request for return, for whatever reason, must be made from the shop's contact form.
In order to facilitate the process, please specify your request for return by providing, at a minimum, the following information:
- Order reference
- Reference of the item or items to return
- Reason for return
- Wanted terms (exchange, refund, shop)
Within 48 hours of receiving your request, we will reply by email and provide you with the following:
- Notification of acceptance or refusal of your return request - explanations if necessary.
- The transport label to print and affix to the return package (if you have chosen this option).
- Our address for return (if you chose to return the package to us on your own).
Finally, within 3 working days of receiving your return package, we will make your refund according to the desired modality (having shop, exchange or refund).
If a shipping fee has been paid for the delivery of the order, it will be refunded in proportion to the number of items returned. Example: an order for 5 items with a shipping fee of 5 euros; 2 items are returned; Coco Papaya therefore reimburses 2/5 or 2 euros in postage.
If you have asked Coco Papaya to provide you with a prepaid transport label for return, a fee will apply and will be deducted from your refund as detailed in the returns section. Coco Papaya is able to communicate to you the price of a prepaid transport label on request made to customer service.
As soon as the processing of a return request has been finalized, Coco Papaya will notify the Customer by email. The request for return will then be considered closed.
9. Unclaimed parcels
When the Customer chooses to have his parcel delivered by carriers such as La Poste (Colissimo) or Mondial Relay, the opportunity is offered to have his parcel delivered in parcel relay.
Once the parcel is made available at the parcel relay, the customer has a limited time (usually 10 to 15 days) to pick up his parcel. Beyond this time, The package is deemed "unclaimed" and then returned to Coco-Papaya.com by the carrier. The initial shipping costs, as well as the re-shipping of an unclaimed package, are the responsibility of the Customer.
When Coco Papaya receives an unclaimed package, the customer concerned is informed by email and/or phone. Two solutions will be offered to him, to choose from:
1) The customer can request the re-shipment of his parcel. In this case, Coco-Papaya.com will give him a re-shipment quote based on the carrier, the place of delivery and the weight of the package.
2) The customer can request the cancellation and refund of his order. In this case, Coco-Papaya.com will send the Customer his refund by cheque after deducting the initial postage and management fees amounting to 10% of the TTC amount of the order (this amount being subject to a deductible minima of €7.50).
10. Guarantee, claims and delivery challenges
A) Guarantee and claims
Customers who wish to make a complaint to Coco Papaya are invited to do so from the contact section of the site. Any complaint addressed to Coco Papaya will be reviewed by our after-sales service and a reply will be sent to the Customer within 3 working days.
Unless otherwise stated on the product description page, and with the exception of electrical appliances that are guaranteed for a period of 2 years, all products sold by Coco Papaya are guaranteed for a period of 3 months from the date of delivery (the carrier's tracking information is authentic, or failing that the date of the order is shipped - 10 days). The warranty only covers manufacturing and vice-hidden defects.
Not covered by the Coco Papaya guarantee:
- damage to the product as a result of improper use or normal wear and tear caused by regular use.
- aesthetic imperfections related to the artisanal origin of a product.
- changes in appearance resulting from the normal evolution of natural materials (working wood, color that fades under the effect of sunlight, etc.)
- changes in appearance caused by particular climatic or hygrometric conditions, indoors and outdoors.
Any claim under the warranty that takes place beyond the deadline will be automatically refused by Coco Papaya.
B) Delivery challenges
The customer has 30 calendar days from the date of the shipment of his order to challenge the delivery. After this time, any order will be deemed delivered, and any challenge will be automatically refused by Coco Papaya. Customers can view all their orders from their personal account on the online store, or on request to Coco Papaya's customer service department.
When a customer submits a delivery challenge to Coco Papaya within 30 days, Coco Papaya opens a claim with the carrier that delivered the package. The carrier then has 10 working days to conduct an investigation and report its findings.
The carrier's findings alone will be consistent in responding to the customer's challenge. If the carrier's investigation concludes that the parcel in question is lost or damaged, a new package will be sent to the customer, or the order will be cancelled and refunded (at the customer's choice).
If the investigation concludes that the parcel is delivered to the customer properly, the order will be deemed delivered and the dispute will be closed.
11. Property reserve
In accordance with Law 80.335 of 12 May 1980, Coco-Papaya.com reserves ownership of the goods delivered until their full price is paid.
Coco-Papaya.com disclaims any responsibility for the misuse or misuse of the products the Customer has ordered.
13. Intellectual property
All elements of the Site Coco-Papaya.com, whether written, visual, graphic, video or sound, including the underlying technologies used, are protected by copyright, trademarks or patents. They are the exclusive property of INTERNOVA SARL, which owns the site Coco-Papaya.com.
Anyone with a website and wishing to place a simple link directly to the Site Coco-Papaya.com must first request permission to Coco-Papaya.com by email at: email@example.com
An authorization given by Coco-Papaya.com will not constitute an implied affiliation agreement and will not be given definitively. On the simple request of Coco-Papaya.com, this link will have to be removed.
Any hyperlink referring to the Coco-Papaya.com site and using techniques such as "framing" or "in-line linking" is strictly forbidden.
In the event of an unresolved dispute between Coco-Papaya.com and the Client or any other Third Party, only the Boulogne sur Mer Commercial Court has jurisdiction.